Apr 27, 2010

Little Things in Life

  I'm a cheap date.  When Ed asks me to accompany him to run errands, he might as well be saying "put on your sexy shoes, we're going dancing!"  Which, never happens because, A.  Me dancing is like watching that girl back in middle school cheerleading tryouts.  She's really, really bad and everybody knows she's not going to make it, so she should quit now and save herself the adolescent emberrassment....wait, that WAS me. B. The nearest dance hall is over an hour away, and the dancing doesn't start until 4 hours after we've already watched American Pickers, and passed out halfway through a dvr recording of Hoarders. Or, C. is both A and B.


  What I am trying to say, is that it does not take much to make me happy.  Really, it's the little things in life, like:
  •   Coffee in the morning.  Swiss Mocha, please!
  •   Unsolicited smiles from the Sweet P
  •   Getting lost in thought about art & life while driving
  •   When Julio does that half purr, half meow thing.  Purmow?
  •   Finding one last Cadbury Bunny Egg in the fridge when you were more than sure you ate the last one for breakfast yesterday morning
  •   Christmas Time!
  •   When a 7 year old stops you in the hall to tell you, "I love you, Coach Mayfield"
  •   When a 4 year old butchers your name because they are 4 years old and calls you, "Miss Coash Cakefill"
  •   When folding laundry and you win the Mega Lotto after finding $20 in the left pocket of a pair of jeans
  •   Doing the "Dr. Laura Dance" in the car when my favorite on air psychotherapists' theme song plays.
  •   Mmmmm Church Lady food
  •   The smell of MeMaws home
  •   Flying in the Piper Cub in my pajamas
  •   Resting my head on your chest right before I fall asleep
  •   Red Polka dotted dishes
  •   Thunderstorms

  
  Oh, There's lots more.  I'll save that for another time.  What are you're Little Things in Life?

  Love,
  Shalayne

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your post. They bless me daily.
    The pics are beautiful you are so blessed to have a great friend to share all of these special days.
    cs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "little thing" about flying in pajamas... just shows what an AWESOME life you live. How special to have all this - in the best place in the world... "home." Your life is a one shown in movies my friend. How I envy you :)

    ReplyDelete