1. In the winter of 2000, in the hallway between class, you slipped me a smile and this photo in my hand:
You wrote on the back, "Seeing your smile in the halls brightens my day." That is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me.
2. In the fifth grade, you considered taking me, the new girl, to the end of the year sock hop, but politely decided against it because you feared we did not know one another well enough.
3. In the gift shop at the Cave where I worked as a teenager, you decided to finally get to know me and asked me out on my first date.
4. Twelve years later, I now make my home with you, on top of that cave, right next to the gift shop.
5. You are an honest old soul. The wisest young person I have ever known. I love that about you.
6. I still can not believe, that after being a part for a few years, and after only seeing one another for few days that we decided to just up and leave for Europe. That three hour dinner in Paris is by far one of my favorite memories. You hesitated asking for a Jack and coke, but the waiter obliged. You shared your plate with me in that little Italian cafe in London, and told me you NEVER share your food with anyone. I knew I was to be yours for all time that very day.
7. In my little Mustang GT, waiting at a red light at 9th & Milwaukee, you looked over at me and said, "I sure do love you." And sometimes, after class on a warm day, you'd pick me up at Tech in that baby blue Blazer, top down, and we would just ride all over Lubbock.
8. I haven't quite found the courage to co pilot this bad boy, but you make me so proud watching you fly.
9. You are so kind and good. I mean the purest of kind and good. That's not to say you don't have your moments, you're human.
10. You rushed me across the ranch, racing the fading sunlight, to take me atop a hill, dropped to one knee, and tearily whispered, "Marry Me?" You said nothing more. Nothing more was needed. You where so vulnerable and bared it all to me in that single moment.
11. IWALYAYWABM
12. I love this smile and the blue eyes hiding behind the aviators.
13. Did you know my second most favorite place to be with you is at the river? Number one is at home, with my head on your shoulder.
14. I still laugh at the though that you told me I was pregnant. You where serious. And right. I love your insight.
15. Ed, that baby girl is completely over the moon for you. Just like her momma. She trusts you. She loves you. She absolutely adores you with every ounce of her tiny heart. My goodness. I still can't believe you gave me a baby girl who has her daddy's eyes. We are your girls and by God's good grace, you are ours.
16. I love that you are her Daddy. Do not, ever for a second, doubt your abilities as a father. You are so gifted in that role.
17. I love your ability to relate to all animals. It's almost unreal watching an animal, tame or wild, react to you. It is by far one of your biggest gifts.
18. You read nonstop. Smart is Sexy. And you sir, are brilliant.
19. By far, the prettiest thing I have ever seen. Truly, you are beautiful.
20. Seriously. Do you know that my heart skips a beat when I see your name on my caller ID?
21. Rancher. Farmer. Business Owner. Marketing Manager. Volunteer. Many hats for many trades. You excel at all of them. Never let anyone tell you otherwise. I am super proud of how hard you work. Never give up on your dreams or ideas. You are great and so are they.
22. You cook for me. Chicken fingers and brisket. Or, you get crazy and make me fancy pants recipes from New York chef's cook books. Cute and cooks?! Lucky girl!
23. You dance in the grocery store aisle. You make me laugh. In fact, you're the funniest person I know.
24. I love when you say my name.
25. You are a great teacher to me. I learn so much from you. You are always willing to show me how to do something, or offer me help. I find that inspiring and it helps me grow. Thank you for investing in me.
26. You're hot headed and stubborn. So am I. It's comforting that we can both eventually come to our senses.
27. I think you are a quiet, natural born leader. I don't think you realize that about yourself. You have tremendous common sense which tames my irrational side.
28. You drive me around the ranch for hours on end. You sing. You talk endlessly to me. You show me animals. We check traps. You usually shoot at something. You spend time with me and only me. The nearest soul is miles away.
29. I don't know why, but you love me.
30. This list is entirely too short and does not do my thoughts, feelings, & memories of you justice. Just know that I love every day with you, and thank God endlessly that you are my beloved.
Happy Birthday, Ed.
I love you so much.














Oh my TEARS! I just love the both of you to pieces and I hardly know either of you. Only what I read here - and thank the Good Lord above that you can put it all into words I can relate to :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful life you both have...