Sweet P is 8 months old. Good grief. We'll be having a first birthday before I know it. Currently, P has not gained any weight in the past month. She has grown an inch. She is now 17.5 lbs and 28 inches long.
It would seem that a milestone is reached almost daily at this age. Therefore, I am keeping busy because my baby is busy! Dear Baby, this is what you've been up to:
- Waving "Hi" to 85% of the people you meet. By the way, you have still not met a stranger.
- Wave Bye to 5% of the people you meet.
- "Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Da!"
- You eat EVERYTHING I give you and have since you were 4 months old. Thank you for loving food as I do. It makes meal times pleasant. You had your first peach yesterday. I sat you on grand dad's porch at the river, and you bit into that little Fredericksburg peach with all your mite. You cried later when you saw me eat one.
- Pulls to a stand.
- Pulls every bow out of your hair. I'm ready for this little phase to pass.
Petsgrabs wads of Chino & Julio's fur. They sure are patient with you.- Seriously considering this crawling business. You can scoot backwards, turn your self all the way around in a sitting position, and assume the crawling position. From here, you think, and think, and think about possibly moving forward, but you ultimately belly flop and frustratingly reach for whatever it is you wanted to crawl towards.
- Smiles sooooo big when you see Da Da Da Da Da Da.
- Most people comment on your eyes, how alert you are, and how well behaved you act at restaurants and such. Almost always you're an angel, but you can raise hell when you wanna. Naturally, might I add.
- You play keep away with me and your pacifier.
- When eating meals, you reach palm up for me to plant a kiss. I love kissing that little hand!
You are loved. And because you exist, I know Daddy and I are loved, too.



Shalayne... please tell me you're having more. You and Ed make BEAUTIFUL babies (I absolutely adore that top picture) and you love with a ferocity that every mother should.
ReplyDeleteShalayne.....Presley is gorgeous!! I can only imagine how she takes your breath away!
ReplyDeleteI don't know that I've seen a more beautiful baby....:)
ReplyDeleteShe is getting so big! Beautiful baby girl :)
ReplyDeleteI miss you!
Ahhhhhh. SHE IS SO SWEET, & PRECIOUS! I'm going to have to agree with that person up there ^ .. there needs to be more baby Mayfields added to the world. She's proof!
ReplyDeleteGreat photography AS ALWAYS.