Jun 2, 2010

My Favorite Least Favorite Season

  It's my favorite least favorite season, SUMMER!  I hate hot and sun, but sure do love my time off from work!  Three glorious months to do as I please.  I'm gonna:




  •  Play with that baby girl and hold her as much as possible.
  • Spend some much needed quality time with ECM
  • Channel my inner hipster at the Mumford & Sons concert in Austin, TX.  So dang excited.  Haven't been to a show in FOREVER.
  •  Actually finish reading the Great Gatsby
  • Swim in the Devils and achieve something that resembles a tan.
  • Establish and make official the "Sutton County Society of Free Thinkers."  Common interests of members include: Writing, star gazing from an old lawn chair in the middle of a parking lot, current events, philosophy, brain storming, eating copious amounts of BBQ, Corona con lima , and issues specific to our beloved West Texas.  So far, it's just ECM, myself, and the editor of our local newspaper.  (Andi Allen, I am extending a special invitation to you! :) )
  • Brush up on my non existing German
  • Attend a German wedding, visit a German farm and Amsterdam!  I want to ride bikes in the country side and drink a big ole' beer.  But not at the same time.
  • Let Ed cook more red meat for me.  Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!  He's been feeding me blue cheese stuffed fillet mignon and rib eyes smothered with home made chipotle butter.  After 26 long years, I have found an appreciation for the cow.  Ed is mean on the grill!
  • Research art ideas that are running around in my head.  One day, I'd like to make the jump from "some one who wants to be an artist" to legit artist.  Perhaps there is room in the art world for someone who wants to explore a connection of temperature on the days of man made catastrophic events, and those who are responsible, and their physiological response during such actions.  I'm pretty sure that is one giant run on sentence. 
  • Eat a tomato from our first garden.
  • Swim with Sweet P in Aunt Renee's pool.
  • Take P for a walk down 4th Ave. in Mineral Wells, TX.
  • Make the most out of every moment I have with all the wonderful people in my life.
Love,
Shalayne

No comments:

Post a Comment