Oh, Wesley. How I enjoy our little chats in P.E.
Me: Wesley, I saw you holding up a sign in your yard this weekend. What did it say?
Wesley: Ummm, Me and my brother are selling our PS2 for 401 dollars.
Me: Wesley, you can by a new PS3 for less than that. Nobody in this town is going to pay you that much money for a used game console.
Wesley: But I need the new PS3 for my game room...and an HP, and a Mac computer, and an Iphone.
Me: Wesley, if you want to earn money, grown ups are more willing to give it to you if you work for it. For example, you could rake leaves, walk dogs, or offer to water your neighbors plants.
(Wesley looks appalled at the thought of physical labor at this point.)
Wesley: Ummmm, I know. I can work for a business doing business work.
Me: Yea, well, dang those child labor laws.
Wesley: Maybe I can start my own business. I can do kids homework. Besides, I'm the smartest one in my grade anyways.
Day 2 The conversation continues
Me: Wesley, I'm telling you, grownups will pay you money if you do honest work and show that you want to earn the money.
Wesley: What about parking cars?
Me: Unfortunately, there is not a high demand for valets in our community.
Wesley: (Exasperated) WHAT THE HECK IS A VALET?!
Good luck in all your endeavors, Wesley. Lord knows you put a smile on my face every time you enter my class room.
Dec 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment