Thomas proposed to Eva a couple of weeks ago on a small island in the Bahamas. Her ring is gorgeous! In Germany, the fiancee receives the band first and wears it on the left hand. At the wedding ceremony, she will get the engagement ring which she will wear on her right hand. It's pretty much the opposite of how we do it in the states.
The river was relaxing and HOT. The two days we where there, the temperature read over 110 degrees. Even the river was warm! Perfect for swimming. Thomas and Eva left this morning. I hope they have a safe journey home. I now have one year to learn German. (They are marring next Summer.) So far, the only phrase I can say is, "Ich mag kase" ( I like cheese). Useful? not so much, but it's a start.
In baby news, I am starting to feel a routine with Presley. For the last two weeks, the minute I get into bed at night she thinks it's party time. The girl moves non stop! I love watching Ed's face when he feels her. His eyes get big and his smile, even bigger.
Ed picked this wall decal for her room:

We found the decal at www.whatisbilk.com
We are looking forward to the up coming weeks. We will be responsible for a teenager for an entire week, celebrating the 4th at the Devil's, traveling to see Memaw and Papaw, and hopefully make it to Houston to see Ed's aunt Janna. I can't wait!
*Shalayne



No comments:
Post a Comment